Writers' Workshops, Marlow.
"Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go.” E.L. Doctorow
- This workshop is primarily aimed at wannabe writers, stuck writers, 'not sure if I can...' nervous writers.
- This session is not about grammar, spelling and punctuation but to kick-start and support your creative journey into writing.
- So come along and be inspired to give that book/story/feature/journal/blog a go.
- It doesn’t matter whether you want to write non-fiction or fiction, or something in between - it's all creative and this session is all about starting that process.
- We'll take you through some fun and motivating writing exercises to stimulate your creative brain.
- We'll share our knowledge of publishing, writing courses, useful resources and competitions.
If you prefer writing on your laptop rather than with pen and paper – feel free to bring it along.
Coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks provided.
Small, relaxed, non-judgemental group.
Venue: Harri’s secret studio in Marlow (once you book, I’ll give you details if you don’t know the address).
Any questions at all, or to reserve a place, please email: email@example.com
Cost £30 payable by Paypal (below) or card/cash on the day.
‘Very enjoyable and inspiring.’
‘I enjoyed it! Really recommend to anyone who has never thought about writing a book!’
‘It’s got me thinking! Thank you!’
‘Very engaging. I feel motivated to start!’
'Informative, do-able, fun.'
'Productive, creative, progressive.'
'Refreshing, enjoyable, stimulating.'
'Emotional, intriguing, exhilerating.'
Short story workshop May 18th 2018
I love writing, always have done, always will. I have written 2 non-fiction books so far, ‘Pilates for Runners’ published in April 2017 and ‘Pilates for Living’ which will be published in April 2018 with Bloomsbury Sport. Over the years I’ve had a few magazine features and a couple of short stories published and I have a Diploma (with distinction) in Creative Writing and Literature from the Open University. And I have several unfinished novels sitting waiting for my attention!
I’ve had the pleasure and the fortuity to write for a living ever since I left University – I was a journalist and an advertising copywriter for many years. In 2013, I attained a Master’s Degree in Creative Writing (with Merit) from Brunel University and I also have an Open University Fiction Writing qualification. I have had short stories published online – but I’m still working on that novel! I teach Creative Writing at Henley College and I help students improve their writing skills at Great Marlow School.