Writers' Workshop, Marlow.
"Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go.” E.L. Doctorow
Saturday 24th March 2018 10am to 1pm (this workshop is now full, future dates will be announced soon)
- This first workshop (of many, we hope) is primarily aimed at wannabe writers, stuck writers, 'not sure if I can...' nervous writers.
- This session is not about grammar, spelling and punctuation but to kick-start and support your creative journey into writing.
- So come along and be inspired to give that book/story/feature/journal/blog a go.
- It doesn’t matter whether you want to write non-fiction or fiction, or something in between - it's all creative and this session is all about starting that process.
- We'll take you through some fun and motivating writing exercises to stimulate your creative brain.
- We'll share our knowledge of publishing, writing courses, useful resources and competitions.
Coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks provided
Small, relaxed, non-judgemental group
Venue: Harri’s secret studio in Marlow (once you book, I’ll give you details if you don’t know the address)
Any questions at all, or to register your interest, please email: email@example.com
Cost £30 payable by Paypal (below) or card/cash on the day
I love writing, always have done, always will. I have written 2 non-fiction books so far, ‘Pilates for Runners’ published in April 2017 and ‘Pilates for Living’ which will be published in April 2018 with Bloomsbury Sport. Over the years I’ve had a few magazine features and a couple of short stories published and I have a Diploma (with distinction) in Creative Writing and Literature from the Open University. And I have several unfinished novels sitting waiting for my attention!
I’ve had the pleasure and the fortuity to write for a living ever since I left University – I was a journalist and an advertising copywriter for many years. In 2013, I attained a Master’s Degree in Creative Writing (with Merit) from Brunel University and I also have an Open University Fiction Writing qualification. I have had short stories published online – but I’m still working on that novel! I teach Creative Writing at Henley College and I help students improve their writing skills at Great Marlow School.